SimplePay allows you to download a file containing all the information needed to make AutoPay salary payments to your employees in bulk. This file can then be loaded into special software provided by your bank, or into internet banking, in the case of certain banks.
Before you can download this file, you have to enter your AutoPay settings. Go to Settings > AutoPay. Click on the drop-down menu next to AutoPay Format to select a AutoPay export format. Then complete the rest of your Bank Account Details and click Save.
After you have entered your AutoPay settings, you can download the payment file as follows:
- Go to Pay Runs and click on the AutoPay icon on the right of your pay run (next to the PDF and Excel icons).
- Ensure that the Value Date is correct.
- Certain AutoPay exports require additional inputs:
- A Payment Code is a unique reference number used to identify the batch.
- HSBC requires a Customer ID which is issued by HSBC.
- Click on Download.
The file that is generated can then be uploaded to your bank.