Note: The terms ‘tax certificates’ and ‘IR56B’ are used interchangeably in this article.
Enable tax certificates option for employee self-service
Once you have enabled your employees for self-service, they will be able to log in and view their tax certificates online if you have activated this function. To do this:
- Go to Employees > Self-Service > Settings > General
- Click the checkbox Allow tax certificates to be released to self-service. This activates the self-service tax certificates function. They can then log in to self-service to view their IR56B.
- Unless otherwise indicated on release, employees will receive an email notifying them when their tax certificates are released. You are also able to attach the latest tax certificate as a PDF to these emails, by clicking on Attach certificates when notifying employees of release via email, which appears after enabling the self-service tax certificates function above.
Release tax certificates to self-service
Once employees have been set up for self-service with the tax certificates function enabled, you can release their tax certificates (IR56B) to self-service. To do this:
- Go to Filing > Annual Employer’s Returns (IR56B)
- Click on Release to Self-Service. Please note, this option will not appear if the tax certificates function is not enabled (see above).
- Select the correct filing season.
- You can choose to release all unreleased IR56Bs, or only those for selected employees.
- You can opt out of notifying the employees by email when these tax certificates are released.
- Click Confirm.